If you pay rent for a commercial property (or part of a commercial property) as your business premises, you can claim a credit on the rent you pay, provided the lessor is registered for GST. However, you cannot claim a credit if you rent or pay the mortgage on residential premises (i.e. your family home) because there’s no GST included in the price you pay.
Articles in this section
- Example Airtax BAS form for rideshare drivers
- Airtax Logbook
- Treatment of Car Purchase in the Airtax BAS
- Can I claim my mobile phone bill on my rideshare BAS?
- Airtax BAS warning messages
- How does the business use percentage work?
- Some things to think about between deadlines
- Do I need to be registered for GST purposes as a rideshare driver?
- Do I need an ABN as a rideshare driver?
- Why use Airtax for your BAS?