You collect the airport fee from the rider and then you pay this to Uber (this is taken off your income in your payment summary from Uber). You should claim the airport fees as a deduction in your tax return to reduce your taxable income. You should also claim the airport fee as an expense in your BAS.
Articles in this section
- Five common GST questions about changing your rideshare or food delivery business
- Recording Ola, Didi, and Shebah income and expenses on the Airtax BAS
- Tax Guide for rideshare drivers
- Connecting your Uber and Airtax accounts
- How do I close my rideshare business?
- Tips to get you started
- Video guide for rideshare drivers
- Common expenses for rideshare driver partners
- How do I integrate Quickbooks Self-Employed with Airtax?
- How do I keep track of receipts/expenses?