Referral and incentive earnings are miscellaneous payments you receive from Uber. This counts as income and should be reported in your BAS inclusive of GST and in your income tax return net of GST.
Articles in this section
- Tips to get you started
- Video guide for rideshare drivers
- Common expenses for rideshare driver partners
- How do I integrate Quickbooks Self-Employed with Airtax?
- How do I keep track of receipts/expenses?
- How does the $20,000 instant asset write-off work?
- How do vehicle expenses work? (petrol, registration, insurance, depreciation vs $20k write off)
- What is a GST credit and how does it work? When will I receive it?
- I am an uberX partner, but I also occasionally do Uber Eats. Do I pay GST on my earnings from Uber Eats?
- How does being registered for GST for uberX impact my other sole trader business?