The following are examples of expenses which you might be able to claim an income tax deduction and GST back on as a rideshare driver partner earning income from rideshare activities:
- license or service fees paid to your rideshare platform
- vehicle licensing or registration
- business use of your car
- medical checks, police checks and application fees if incurred after becoming a rideshare driver partner
- tissues, newspapers and mints
- provided to passengers
- fuel and parking
- equipment and accessories: dash cam, seat covers, mobile phone holder
- car leasing fees
- interest on hire purchase loans
- safety equipment
- costs of cleaning, servicing and repairs for your vehicle
- bank and interest fees*
- mobile phone bills
- home office expenses
- music apps
- split fare fees, booking fees, airport fees, tolls
- tax agent fees
*GST not applicable*GST not applicable.
You may only claim these expenses if they are necessary for work. If they are used for personal and work related purposes, you may claim the portion that is related to work.
The simple BAS form in Airtax allows you to add individual expenses and attribute a business use percentage to each. We then calculate the GST claimable for you based on these numbers.