Yes, as a rideshare driver you are required to have an ABN which is registered for GST purposes. Usually there is a minimum turnover requirement of $75,000 for an ABN to be required to be registered for GST purposes, however this does not apply to rideshare drivers. You can find out how to register for GST purposes here.
Articles in this section
- BAS reporting deadlines
- Example Airtax BAS form for rideshare drivers
- Airtax Logbook
- How to do a BAS
- Treatment of Car Purchase in the Airtax BAS
- Can I claim my mobile phone bill on my rideshare BAS?
- Airtax BAS warning messages
- How does the business use percentage work?
- Some things to think about between deadlines
- Do I need to be registered for GST purposes as a rideshare driver?