Yes, as a rideshare driver you are required to have an ABN which is registered for GST purposes. Usually there is a minimum turnover requirement of $75,000 for an ABN to be required to be registered for GST purposes, however this does not apply to rideshare drivers. You can find out how to register for GST purposes here.
Articles in this section
- Example Airtax BAS form for rideshare drivers
- Airtax Logbook
- Treatment of Car Purchase in the Airtax BAS
- Airtax BAS warning messages
- How does the business use percentage work?
- Some things to think about between deadlines
- Do I need to be registered for GST purposes as a rideshare driver?
- Do I need an ABN as a rideshare driver?
- Why use Airtax for your BAS?
- Income and expense treatment in BAS and income tax returns