Yes, as a rideshare driver you are required to have an ABN which is registered for GST purposes. Usually there is a minimum turnover requirement of $75,000 for an ABN to be required to be registered for GST purposes, however this does not apply to rideshare drivers. You can find out how to register for GST purposes here.
Articles in this section
- Airtax Logbook
- Do I need to be registered for GST purposes as a rideshare driver?
- Do I need an ABN as a rideshare driver?
- Why use Airtax for your BAS?
- Income and expense treatment in BAS and income tax returns
- Speak to a Tax Agent about your BAS
- What is Other Income?
- Can you claim GST on your motor vehicle registration?
- Tax treatment for hire cars
- Common BAS mistakes